Monday, March 21, 2011

From the Attic: Early version of Majestic Wilderland Clerics

When I completely organized my roleplaying stuff last year I found some pages of my old AD&D notes. Then I promptly misplaced them, sigh. Well I found them stuffed in a spiral bound book of photocopied Judges Guild tables. So now I am presenting them for your enjoyment and inspiration.

When I got the AD&D Dragonlance Adventures Hardback it really inspired me to customize the AD&D rules for the Majestic Wilderlands. It was the first time that it occurred to me that something like the MW Supplement could be done. Although it took 20 years before the opportunity to do something came about.

My initial design was very derivative of the Dragonlance classes. What I did is took the potpourri of gods and organized them into major groups. I think I had four as opposed to Dragonlance's three.

The only surviving text I have is for the Olympian which were I called my Chaotic Good/Sylvan/Elven gods. The idea is that these deities have separate churches but at the highest level they have a common hierarchy.

No comments: