Monday, July 8, 2013

Reaper Boiling Water Fix

I know I have been lax about posting. Between regular life stuff and working on Raggi's English Civil War setting I have not been getting around to updating the blog.

With that being said, my friend Dan and I got our Reaper Miniatures and divided them up. I will have a later post with pictures.

Because of this I been reading various Google+ posts and blog posts on other people getting their Reapers. There been issue with bent miniatures, using my Google-fu I found this handy video on how to use boiling water/ice bath to fix the problem.

4 comments:

Mystic Scholar said...

Great information, thanks for sharing that with us!

Peter D said...

It works, too. I did it to a couple so far, no problem.

Chris C. said...

Boiling water does work the charm on plastic minis. I've never used the ice bath afterward before. I may have to give that a try and see what that does. It may be necessary for some types of plastic?

Carlson said...

The ice bath post-boiling is a necessity as it sets the plastic. Without it, the plastic retains some heat from the boiling, and thus remains flexible to the pointit can be easily misshapen again before it sets.

This technique also has the advantage of allowing you to inject a small amount of variety between otherwise identical without the need for major modifcations. For example, the sword wielding skeletons can be given different sword and shield positions, even a different leg stance, just by the way you bend the plastic before setting it in the ice bath.